Our knowledge of GE Automation and Controls is extensive and continues to grow. Over the years, we have worked on numerous product lines and are confident that we have the greatest ability to repair a non-functional industrial device.
Control Concepts supports both new GE PLCs and those nearing the end of their life-cycle. We have the experience you seek with outdated or nearly outdated parts.
What Is a Programmable Logic Controller?A programmable logic controller (PLC) is a miniature industrial computer (CPU) that contains the hardware and software for the automation of industrial electromechanical processes of machinery in factory assembly lines. You can program multiple digital and analog inputs and outputs (I/O interface system) with…
- Extended temperature ranges
- Immunity to electrical noise
- Resistance to vibration and impact
PLCs Run a Four Step Operational Process in a Repeating Loop:
- Input Scan: Looks for all connected input devices
- Program Scan: Executes user-created program logic
- Output Scan: Runs or shuts off all connected output devices
- Housekeeping: Communicates with programming devices and performs internal diagnostics
What Can You Attach to a PLC?
- Proximity or photoelectric sensors
- Limit switches
Choosing a ControllerSelect the right controller for the job by determining ahead of time what you need your system to do and the specifics about the system itself. Here are just a few questions to ask when you are deciding on a controller for your next system.
- Is it a new system or an existing one? How old is it?
- What is the environment like where the system will be installed? Is it hot, dusty, full of vibration?
- How many discrete devices does your system have? Are they AC components or DC components?
- How many analog devices are there?
- Will your system require any special features such as a real-time clock or high end positioning?
- How much memory does the CPU need to run the system efficiently?
- Where will the I/O be located? Will it be local only or local and remote?
- Will the controller be communicating with other systems or networks? Will it need to communicate with field devices?
- Does your system require traditional programming instructions or are special instructions needed?
The Repair Process
Control Concepts has over 30 years of experience in GE programmable logic controller repair, service, and support.
Common PLC Repair Requests
- No communication
- No I/O indicators
- Alarm indicator
- I/O failure
- No Power indicator
- No Run Light indicator
Our Three-Step Service Process
- Electrical installation
- Onsite testing
- Field modifications (if needed)
Control Concepts provides 24/7 service and support for GE products. Call us for more information or to schedule service.