Control Concepts is your go-to service provider for Eurotherm drives, now a part of the Parker Hannifin's Automation group. With our around-the-clock support, we ensure your Eurotherm equipment, a key player in the process control and automation industry, operates at its best.
Who is Eurotherm?
Eurotherm began its journey in the field of industrial automation and process control in 1965. In 1992, the company evolved into SSD Drives, expanding its expertise in manufacturing AC, DC, and servo drives, as well as Parvex motors. In a strategic move to enhance its automation product offerings, Parker Hannifin acquired SSD Drives (formerly Eurotherm Drives) in 2005.
From its inception, Eurotherm has been recognized for its innovative control systems and solutions, significantly impacting various industries. The transition to SSD and subsequent acquisition by Parker Hannifin marked key milestones in its history, reflecting its growth and adaptability in the ever-evolving field of industrial automation.
What Do Eurotherm Drives Do?
Eurotherm offers a range of drives and soft starters that can be used in different applications:
- Eurotherm AC Drives are designed to easily integrate with other machine components in a wide variety of applications. They offer a range of drives for variable torque from 0.75 to 800 kW and variable speed from 0.75 kW to 1.5MW
- Eurotherm DC Drives give precise speed and motor torque control over DC shunt and DC permanent magnet motors.
- Euroterm Soft Starters help reduce machine wear and are designed for simple machines from 0.37 to 75 kW, pumps and fans from 4 kW to 400 kW, and heavy duty applications from 4 to 1200 kW.
Control Concepts has experience in Eurotherm drive repair, service, and support.
Eurotherm Products We Service
Control Concepts services a variety of Eurotherm products, including:
- Altivar 12 AC Drives
- Altivar 71 Plus AC Drives
- Altivar Process ATV600 Drives
- ER-3200i/3600XRi DC Drives
- ER-240/540/590/590+/680/1200 DC Drives
- ER-PL/ER-PLX DC Drives
- Altistart 01 Soft Starters
- Altistart 22 Soft Starters
- And More...
Don't see your product line listed here? Contact us and ask about our drive service and support.
Industries Using Eurotherm Drives
You can find Eurotherm drives in in wide variety of industries, including:
- Food and beverage
- Plastic processing
- Glass manufacturing
Eurotherm drives are designed for easy operation and reduced engineering time. The wide selection of AC drives, DC drives, and soft starters are designed to meet a variety of different application needs.
Control Concepts provides comprehensive repair and maintenance services for a range of Eurotherm soft starters and motor protection products.
Our services include:
- Repair and Refurbishment of Soft Starters: We specialize in repairing and refurbishing Eurotherm soft starters, ensuring they operate efficiently and effectively.
- Preventive Maintenance and Diagnostics: Regular maintenance and diagnostic checks help in early identification and resolution of potential issues, extending the life of the equipment.
- Component Replacement: We replace faulty or worn-out components in Eurotherm products to restore their optimal functionality.
- On-site Support and Troubleshooting: Our team is equipped to provide on-site support, addressing any operational challenges and troubleshooting issues directly at your facility.
Common Drive Failures
Common drive issues include:
- Software or programming problems
- Non-functional cooling fans
- Loose connections
- Drive keeps blowing fuses or tripping breakers
- Drive doesn’t run motor
- Circuit board failure
Circuit board failure is the least common reason for drive failures. The most common fault that shuts down a drive is an over-current fault, of which there are 20-30 causes. We start with the dynamics of the motor and move on from there.
The Control Concepts Repair Process
Our repair process for Eurotherm drives and soft starters includes:
- Thorough inspection of the drive or soft starter and terminals.
- Comprehensive tests before powering the unit to prevent further damage.
- Diode and IGBT tests on the input/output power sections.
- Powering up the unit and performing amp readings and output frequency tests.
- Using the drive or soft starter to run a motor through basic jog functions after backing up existing programs.
For expert Eurotherm drive repair and maintenance services, contact Control Concepts. We provide 24/7 service and support.