Control Concepts is dedicated to providing exceptional service and support for SSD Drives, a brand with a rich history in industrial automation and now a key part of Parker Hannifin's Automation group.
Who is SSD?
SSD, originally known as Shackleton System Drives, was established in 1974. In 1992, it became part of Eurotherm as Eurotherm Drives. Embracing its roots, the company was reborn as SSD Drives, synonymous with high-quality, innovative drive products. In 2005, SSD Drives was acquired by Parker Hannifin, marking a significant step in expanding its global reach in industrial automation.
What Do SSD Drives Do?
SSD Drives offers a comprehensive range of AC, DC, and servo drives and motors, catering to various industrial applications. Their products are known for:
- AC Drives: Versatile drives for variable torque and speed control in diverse applications.
- DC Drives: Precision in speed and motor torque control, suitable for a wide range of uses.
- Servo Drives and Motors: Advanced technology for high-end applications like printing and converting.
Control Concepts has experience in SSD drive repair, service, and support.
SSD Products We Service
Control Concepts services a wide array of SSD products, including:
- Parker SSD AC690+ Integrator VFD Drive Series
- AC10 Variable Frequency Drives
- Parker DC590 series 4-quadrant variable speed DC drives
- Parker SSD 631 series Servo Drive
- 637F Range Servo Drive
- Systems with integrated PLCs and SCADA control
Don't see your product line listed here? Contact us and ask about our drive service and support.
Industries Using SSD Drives
You can find SSD drives in wide variety of industries, including:
- Industrial Automation: SSD Drives are extensively used in various industrial automation applications. Their precision control and efficiency make them ideal for a range of automated processes.
- Paper and Textiles: In the paper and textile industries, SSD Drives play a crucial role in the converting and web handling processes. They provide precise speed and tension control, which is essential for the quality and consistency of the final products.
- Metals Industry: The metals industry relies on SSD Drives for critical applications such as rolling mills, coilers, and processing lines. Their robust performance ensures reliability and efficiency in these demanding environments.
SSD Drives are designed for straightforward operation and minimal setup time. Their extensive range, including AC drives, DC drives, and servo systems, is tailored to accommodate a wide array of application requirements, ensuring versatility and ease of use across different industrial scenarios
SSD Drive Repair Services
Control Concepts provides comprehensive repair and maintenance services for SSD drives, including:
Our services include:
- Repair and Refurbishment: Specializing in SSD drives to ensure efficient operation.
- Preventive Maintenance and Diagnostics: Regular checks to extend the life of your equipment.
- Component Replacement: High-quality parts replacement for optimal functionality.
- On-site Support and Troubleshooting: Addressing operational challenges directly at your facility.
Common Drive Failures
Common drive issues include:
- Software or programming problems
- Non-functional cooling fans
- Loose connections
- Drive keeps blowing fuses or tripping breakers
- Drive doesn’t run motor
- Circuit board failure
Circuit board failure is the least common reason for drive failures. The most common fault that shuts down a drive is an over-current fault, of which there are 20-30 causes. We start with the dynamics of the motor and move on from there.
The Control Concepts Repair Process
Our repair process for SSD drives includes:
- Thorough inspection of the drive and terminals.
- Comprehensive tests before powering the unit to prevent further damage.
- Diode and IGBT tests on the input/output power sections.
- Powering up the unit and performing amp readings and output frequency tests.
- Using the drive to run a motor through basic jog functions after backing up existing programs.
For expert SSD drive repair and maintenance services, contact Control Concepts. We provide 24/7 service and support.